Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.

Actual conversation with Etheline, regarding the perils of breakfast. Keep in mind we are grown women.

E-'...and I can't stand all that sugary crap. Who wants a sugar high at half nine in the morning? Huh No wonder half those bitches are so cranky.'

FC-'Why don't you just eat a banana? Slow release energy, not too filling.'

E- ' Oh no, I can't eat banana in the morning.'

FC- 'Why?'

E- I just can't, not before 11.'

FC- 'But you can eat them after 11?'

E- 'After? Sure.'

FC, 'So at 10:55 you can't eat a banana, but at 11:05 you can?'

E- 'Right.'

FC- 'How does that work?'

E- 'I don't know, I just can't swallow banana before 11. It won't go down.'

FC- What if you started chewing the banana at one minute before, then swallowed it bang on 11?"

E- 'Wouldn't work, my throat would know.'

FC-'Your throat would know it was pre-11 banana?'

E- 'Right.'

FC- 'What happens when the clocks go back or forward? Does that rule still stand?'

E- 'I don't know. It just responds to the actual time.'

FC- 'Your ability to swallow a mushy fruit is time locked?'

E- 'YES. Jesus, don't keep going on about it. I'm sure there are loads of people like that.'

FC-'I'm pretty sure there aren't.'

E-' Oh come on, you wouldn't eat steak before 11 in the morning.'

FC-'I wouldn't, but I COULD.'

E- 'Well congratulations, you must be so proud. I just can't eat banana before 11. Have you tried those bagels from Superquinn? I think they're too salty, but...'

Labels:

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steak, chips, and a fried egg or two is the perfect breakfast after a long night.

The first place I tried this was in Spain. And it was lovely.

As for bananas. I'd eat them all day if I could.

4:00 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I like coffee in the morning and buttery toast, mmmmm. And si si to bananas, any time of the day.

4:03 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

I numnumlove 'em.

When I was a wee girl I was used to hearing of them coming in bunches. Then one day I heard that those in banana circles call a bunch a "hand of bananas". This horrified me for some reason and I point blank refused to eat them for weeks.

Bananas and custard rule!

4:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Om nom nom nom to bananas.
I even love spelling banana...

banana, banana, banana.

4:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"E- 'I don't know, I just can't swallow banana before 11. It won't go down.'"

Hehe, sorry am I the only one sniggering here? Apologies, FMC ;)

Funny discussion though, made me smile. Your sister knows what she likes... and doesn't. And yes to banana any time of day. Not to mention banana pancake on a warm, sunny beach cafe, over-looking the sea, mmm...

4:59 p.m.  
Blogger Cathy said...

Oh no no no not bananas, either before or after 11... I'd join the anti-banana group if there was one. Conversations like the one on your post, however, yes, both before and after 11...

5:08 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Barking mad she is.

You know, Anthony Bourdain claims everything tastes better in bare feet, but I do believe everything tastes better when you're warm and over looking an ocean.

5:33 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Hilarious.
I would say I'm the opposite and only care for a banana first thing in the morning. After 11, I'm not interested.

5:37 p.m.  
Blogger daisy mae said...

i can eat bananas any time of day, but i can't eat one every day.... something about the texture. by the end of the week i can't finish a banana and end up throwing it in the trash. i guess i'm a 'bananas in moderation' kind of girl.

5:41 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Snarf, you bunch of weirdos. How I heart you all.

5:45 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Toast half a soda farl, then cover it with butter while it's hot, then mash a banana onto it and have it with a double espresso... it is manna or the Gods' own ambrosia.

Ethlyline certainly has issues of the barking variety.

12:09 a.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

I thought of you instantly, FMC.

http://defamer.com/383461/the-tops-cry-for-help

2:19 a.m.  
Blogger laughykate said...

Ripe bananas make me want to run screaming from the room. I have a feeling it's hangover from being made to eat banana custard made from brown bananas at boarding school. They.Just.Make.Me.Shudder.

However, a not-quite-ripe banana on top of honey on top of brown toast in the morning, with a touch of cinammon sprinkled over, yum, yum, yum.

But then, if you're talking ladies' fingers - the ones you get in Asia, I can't get enough of them. Explain that, please.

4:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Medbh, how could you? Are you...? You're not...? Have you crossed to the Ginger Side?

Oh, Medbh... (bites fist)

Look what you've done to her fmc! Look at what she unearthed! O the hideous muscleocity!

7:11 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

You banana fearing ginger hating nuts. Oh we'll see, we will.
Medbh, darling, I'm having you card laminated, stay away from that Sam, she's a 'Questioner', We're wary of them.

9:46 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's very odd alright.

I heard of a girl with a fear of bananas though.

I'm thinking there's definitely sexual connotations here but i'll leave that kind of smut for twenty's blog...

1:07 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Good, he likes that kind of thing.

11:17 p.m.  
Blogger Squirrel said...

Laughykate made me laugh I also dislike an overripe banana. When they start to get that way I chop em and freeze em.

7:18 p.m.  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

replica watches
omega watches sale
coach outlet store
ray ban sunglasses outlet
snapbacks wholesale
michael kors handbags outlet
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
michael kors uk
michael kors bags

10:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home