Friday, May 18, 2007

Run Cat Run.

Well, wish me luck.
I'm loaded full of carbs-digest damn you- and filled with trepidation, novel.
Today is the day for my long run and I am aiming for 20K, which is close to half a marathon. I ran 16k on last week's long run so I see no real reason why I can't hit it. Well no real reason apart from sheer exhaustion and leg wobblies.
It should be doable though, I ran 10k on Tuesday and finished with a tail wag and I have rested the gams since.
I have eaten correctly and am filled with an oatsy goodness that should see me through, also some wholemeal toat with lashings of butter, yes, very good for the running.
It is so.
The iPod is locked and loaded with running tunes, tunes carefully chosen for their kickassity.
Naturally I will start badly and feel cross, but by the 4k mark I will have eased into it and won't be feeling nearly as fallumped. After that it's just another 16 K.
You can do this Melvin.
One hour to go before I step onto my treadmil and press 'QUICK START'
Eeek.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Kav said...

Good on you. I'll have a fudge doughnut to celebrate your progress.

10:53 a.m.  
Blogger aquaasho said...

Fair play to ya! Enjoy!

10:55 a.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Good luck, cat! Run your paws off, baby!

11:10 a.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Good luck, FMC. May your feet be winged.

1:45 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

A yeouch making 2hrs 28 mins later and the run was over. I"m aiming for distance not speed, as you can see.
You missed the great shoe struggle in the changing rooms after my shower, every time I crossed my foot over my leg to put one my shoe ,my toes curled up like claws leaving me yelping and pressing them back into the ground to straighten them out again. Nightmare. I had to sort of trick them back into the footwear.

3:30 p.m.  
Blogger FINN said...

well done FMC!!

how do you plan to replenish your glycogen stores? mmmm i like where kav is going...

4:16 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

How indeed? Why, what the hell should I be doing? I drank two energy drinks, had a homemade burger and two cups of coffee? Is there something else? I"m going for some beer in a while, maybe that will help.

4:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done you.......but why? When you could be sitting sipping a glass of champagne and eating a bar of delicious chocolate......

5:10 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

All training for the marathon in October, Darling. It did occur to me somewhere around minute 84 that I was seriously flawed in my thinking, but then I clippity clopped on, safe in the belief that today is friday and there will be alcohol soon.

5:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home