Saturday, October 25, 2008

Motivation for nervous Fatcats.



(On the ipod, for when legs get wibblywobbly)


Avast! And a hearty harro to you on this wet and windy Satdee. I will be off shortly to pick my bib and race number from the RDS- just as soon as I can locate the email they sent me all those months ago when I deemed it utterly reasonable to run 26.2 miles.
What on earth was I thinking?
Anyhoo, I must have been thinking something because I'm doing it again. I will be sqiffy with anxiety for the next two days, annoying the paramour with questions like 'What if my leg explodes at the 18 mile mark?' and 'Do you think it will rain? Do you? Huh? Do you?' And so on.
I am prepared though. Apart from doing a spot of running over the last two weeks or so, I have tried on many variety of running outfits, checking for chaffing/chafing and my music is being loaded up as I type. I have Glide, gels, jellies, a hat and a mountain of pain killers and plasters and...well let's just say I won't be standing in line at a chemists this year mid race.
I also have a cold, and I managed to put on three pounds this week by eating more carbs than you can shake a stick of butter at. Standing on the bathroom scales this morning was quite a revelation. Seems I really HAVE the capacity to turn into my mother if only I didn't run around quite a lot normally. Eek.
Anyhoo, since this will be my last post until after the marathon I just wanted to say a big cheers to all of you for being such good company on these motivational posts. I know they can get a bit dull, 'ran today, ran yesterday, running tomorrow...' but they help me and I like reading about everyone else's trials and tribulations as we adults do our very best to stave off belly-spread, laziness and impending death.
So thank you.
Kissy kissy.
FMC

Labels:

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't believe your actually running a marathon. May you suffer no chafing and arrive across the finish line with a slight smile on your face. Very best of luck.

RL

9:56 a.m.  
Blogger JL Pagano said...

Break a leg, FMC.

Wait, hang on, you know I meant that in the good way, right?

9:57 a.m.  
Blogger James McInerney said...

Yowza. Another year comes round again. Wow, wasn't the last marathon just a couple of months ago? Best of luck with it, hope you enjoy yourself.

10:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck cuz, rather you than me.

10:27 a.m.  
Blogger tina said...

Good luck you, superwoman, you! You'll be fine. I look forward to hearing all about it!

10:32 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

yep, time surely flies. Thanks everyone.

10:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be surprised if I can get my pregnant ass out to do 2 miles today. Run for those of us who can't quite do it anymore!

Surely you know deep down you'll do just fine. Take it one mile at a time, get a good comfortable pace going, and it'll go by quicker than you expect!

You can dooo eeeeettt!

11:25 a.m.  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Best of fortune! Do you win a red cup for coming in Ginger?

2:14 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

She Sells Sanctuary is GREAT running music, I must say. If I could run, that'd be on my iPod, on a continuous loop.

Good luck in the marathon - I'll be thinking of you. As I stick my face into a vat of mac & cheese and go bubububbubububububububub...

2:46 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

mmmmcheese. Happy Birthday Kim! And Grims baby, I will do my dribbling best.

4:09 p.m.  
Blogger The Hangar Queen said...

FMC kills the DCM!!

Day-after headline.

Put it to bed missus.

4:34 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Hope I can Devin old girl, hope I can. At the moment I'm guzzling Beechams Cold and FLue mix trying to keep this cold at bay, I don't give a shit after MOnday, but NOT NOW DAMMIT! It's tickly in my ears when I swallow. Argh, more honey and lemon.

6:29 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Fly like the wind, FMC!
It's a lock for you, sweetie.
You are teh awesome.

7:05 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Thank you Darling!

7:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you FMC!!

Believe it or not your posts help motivate ME to get out and move more. I'm terribly out of shape but, unlike other fitness blogs, I don't feel like I'm being lectured by someone who thinks they are superior but rather having a cuppa tea with a friend who has a sense of humour about the whole thing, that can laugh and commiserate through the difficult parts. Now I make time to get out and do something and instead of focusing on the scale I'm shooting for better overall fitness... and it's working.

So thank you FMC, you really ARE an inspiration. May the wind be at your back and your blisters be few.

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger daisy mae said...

yay, FMC! you'll have a blast - and do wonderfully. we'll just put a lovely ginger or two a half mile ahead of you or so the entire race - keep you motivated!

can't wait to hear the results!

8:22 p.m.  
Blogger Pat said...

God speed and don't knacker yourself.

11:58 p.m.  
Blogger savannah said...

all the best, sugar! xoxo

12:17 a.m.  
Blogger aquaasho said...

Best of luck! I'm nervous and excited for ya!! Give it socks and enjoy every minute!!! (I'll be in the baggage area again.....)

9:10 p.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

awh the very best of luck and all that! I will be standing with a glass of your favourite tipple at the end......metaphorically speaking that is......

12:04 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck FMC!

10:13 a.m.  
Blogger John Mc said...

How d'it go ?

6:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home