Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Much ado about Joe Duffy.

God dammit, this day is busy and I'm barely up two hours. Now I have to go fling myself in the shower get dressed and drive to bloody Castleknock for a meeting. Normally I hate HAVING to do stuff.
However, I will not complain. Later on this evening I do plan on performing my longest run to date. 10 miles to be exact. 10 miles of pinkfaced sweating on the road no less. There will be hills, there will be slopes there will be tired shins and very probably aching chest muscles, (even when I swing and loosen I always seem to get caught out with the clench)
Nope, I will not complain. It's a beautiful day, it's sunny and shiny and the birds are singing. I got to hear somebody called Paul Williams 'a fucking cunt' live on air on the Joe 'voice of the people' Duffy show, the air is filled with the smell of TCP-I played a particularly vicious game of catch the finger with the bigger of the cats, he won- and Chelsea were knocked out of the champion's league, I think John Terry actually shed a tear.
Le sigh, if I had a tail I'd wag it.
Hope y'all are having a Wednesday such as this.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great feeling waking up with an almighty hangover after a match.
Enjoy the Run but remember the Champions League runners up will be decided today.

10:49 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Did you smile too after the penalties? Did you lean so far forwards in your chair you almost fell out and spilled some of your precious beer? Did you see Lampard's expression...ooooh I'm getting shivers even thinking about it.
Right, off across the city I go.
Huzzah!

11:02 a.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

What a beautiful day, hey hey a beautiful day... Just spent 3 hours in the park. Little Miss Manuel is going out tonight and I shall have the house to myself to watch Milan get tanked.

MacDara; Your so funny...

1:58 p.m.  
Blogger FINN said...

it is the Lapple Effect.

(i just discovered that 2 fingers on the trackpad will scroll. each new day brings new wonders.)

enjoy your run.

2:11 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'll do my very best. mmmmmLapple, except no muthafuckin' substitute. I believe I will get changed soon, as soo an my lunch totally digests, possibly into something that soaks up vomit, for when I feel hinky at the eight mile mark.
Manuel, I too will be watching the football tonight, I predict a tense and nervous affair. There will be beer involved.
Oh chelsea, out of the league and no premiership glory neither, whay hey!

2:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the running, but try not the overdo it, d'ya hear?
I have a newly qualified medic mate who says she is seeing loads of injuries from sports, in both young and old - sprains and tendon problems in arms and legs, and painful arthritis in older folk who did lots of exercise in their youth! The sofa in front of the telly is looking every more attractive!

5:20 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

O to the muthafuckin' uch, not so bad really I suppose, bit of a twinge in the shins but that's from the concrete, although I used the grass where ever I could, usual terrible start-I'm beginning to think tha't just the way I am- but by the time I'd hit 4-5k or thereabouts I was settled in nicely and the hills-apart from the last one- are all in the first half hour so I coasted along for some of it. But the last mile back to the house is one of those sneaky hills, it's not steep at all, but it is long and it's gradual, I could really feel it in the back of my calf muscles which I was afraid would cramp.
But Huzzah! They didn't, and I'm siting here all smug 'n stuff, I've had a shower, and now I'm having a very cold bottle Stella Artois. Suddenly the marathon in October seems that little bit less daunting. ( I said 'less' marathon gods, don't smite me!)
Finn! That outsider song is a hill classic-his lordship's version, find me more stuff if you please, It kicked in right after Rage Againt the Machine and I was thrilled to betsy with the opening. It makes running funninger, yes, that's what I said.

6:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoy reading through your article. I like to
write a little comment to support you.

Feel free to surf to my page - registry cleaner software

12:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home