Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Sunday Gym report.

Ow. Core work hurts. Many thanks to the very lovely Ian who kindly sent me some super core strengthening exercises, which I followed tweaked a little. The pull over was quite an eye opener (I did it with a 6k Db, and even at that It made me face puce)
However rather delightedly I have discovered I am getting stronger. My row today consisted of a warm-up and then three sets of ten reps at 12.5k and my db press has is bobbling along nicely at 10k-each arm. I was terrificly pleased about this, so much so I sat on the bench grinning like a loon between sets until I noticed the dude next to me was winking at me. I considered sticking my tongue out at him, but thought it might descend into hair pulling and wedgie land so I resisted.
Right ho, seeing as tomorrow is race day and I need the energy, I am away to the paramour's father's home to eat the poor man out of Sunday dinner.
Wish me luck peeps, I intend to break the mo'fo 10k/hour if it kills me!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Good luck! But you don't need it, you've trained and prepared, you'll sail through.

5:59 p.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

Sleazy men at the gym! Thats another reason i dont go anymore. I was a sleazy man at gym.

6:13 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

It's raining! I can't tell if that's good or bad. Good if it keep me cool, bad if I slip and fall on my snot. Ohhh I just want to go now, I'm dressed, strapped, hyped and my number is pinned on. Music ready. But there's 1 hour and 50 mins to kill.

1:10 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Run, fmc! Run like the wind, girl!

Best luck, sweetie-pie!

7:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon, let's hear it. I'm guessing 56'33...

10:51 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Dunno yet old chap, time-chips haven't been counted. But I'd say not, the pack was enormous and I was no where near running smoothly until just past the RDS in Ballsbridge. After that though I had a pretty smooth run. No probs and a pace pick-up after 8k, so we'll see.

11:06 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

"a pace pick-up after 8K"

Bloody Nora, cat, you are really sounding like one of Them. And by Them I mean Runners. My dad was one and was the coach for Stornoway Running Club. Every year at Stornoway half-marathon time our lives would be inundated with runners from all over the UK. They were a brilliant bunch and some would sneak me vodka in my coke. We had post-race piss-ups and picnics and pre-race pasta-parties. It was great except I always had to serve teas in the Town Hall and didn't get to be at the tape to see people finishing. Mostly though, what I remember about Them - my dad included - was phrases like your's above, talk of Ralgex spray and why Aasics are the gods of shoes and all things runny.

It sounds like it went well - well flippin' done, you! I'm guessing 57:04.

11:29 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I know Sam, it is weird how you get sucked in to it all. I was in the throng yesterday and giddy as Puddy when she sees an open packet of ham. They were playing cheesy music over the loud speakers and even though it WAS lame lame lame, I couldn't help but grin like a loon.

10:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home