Saturday, December 22, 2007

motivation for fatcats and possibly for chumlies of Fatcats!

(This is a cautionary tale of why 'why not?' are the most dangerous words of all.)

Well well well, here we are again another Satdee, 'nother hungover to pieces Satdee.

In my defense I do want to plead I started yesterday with the very best of intentions. I did the Dundrum thing, I ate sushi and drank still water. Healthy healthy.
I came back here, and then I raced off again. I met the Spaniard and she was glum, because she had to 'make the luggage' I nodded sagely and off we went to La Cave, but misfortune struck, La Cave was too busy, so off we went to a new place on Georges Street. I cannot for the life of me remember the names, but it's on the corner of Georges and Exchequer Street and it used to be an Indian for a while. It's not an Indian any longer, now it's a grill and a rather trendy one at that. But the food was good and the wine was terrific. They serve beer too, so we had one of those.
So far so good, right?
Right, then the paramour rang her phone and said his chumlie was running late, so did we want a drink. So naturally we said 'why not?'
So we went to a new bar 'Crush' opposite the old George (Jurassic park).
That was a bit odd, it took FOREVER for our first drink, so much so that poor old Paramour had to toss back his whiskey sour, and gallop off to Mulligans, leaving me and the Spaniard with our rums and gins and a cocktail list.
'Do you want we have a coptail?" Said the Spaniard who was far less glum at this stage.
So naturally I said, 'why not.'
Three 'sloths' (delicious but deadly, one of the seven deadly sins on the list) later, two that we bought, the last bought for us by some gentlemen seated at the bar, to wish us a merry Christmas, ( one of them actually used the line 'merry Christmas to the two most beautiful women in the bar' I mean snarf to the max, Gorgonzola isn't that cheesy, but no matter we were still gracious about it) and we were both starting to giddy up. We left there and wandered back up the road so that I could show her where that VEELLY good but totally secret restaurant is. I would tell you about it but then it will be even busier and that might effect my getting a table some day, so no, I wont.
(Conan knows, but that's about it)
Anyhoo, oh yes. We went up there and then her phone rang again, it was paramour. 'You really ought to get a mobile.' he said,
Why? I thought, when you're doing such a stellar job of getting hold of me without one.
"We changed bar' he said, 'Mulligans is packed, we'll be in the Long Stone. Why don't you come for a drink.'
So naturally I said, 'why not.'
Me and the Spaniard did kissy kissy and she wandered off to 'make the luggage.' I went to River Island and another shop to buy something and then I wobbled off down to Trinity and beyond.
I found the paramour and two of his chumlies in there, whay hey! Would I like a rum and coke?
Why not?
One of his chumlies told me a SCANDALOUS story that made me guffaw. Then there was more rum, and after that there may have been some more rums. Then I said, 'I've got to go, I've got to meet a chumlie.'
The paramour insisted on hailing and putting me into a cab to travel the five minutes it would have taken me to walk to where I was going, which rather unfortunately was a wine bar, no rum to be had, so I had a glass of red, but I do remember thinking, 'really fatcat, mixing drink like this will surely send you three feet high and rising'
But no matter, there was some chitty chat, then kiss kiss and off out into the night I went again while she headed really quite drunkenly off to some dreadful dinner she couldn't avoid.
I hailed myself a cab, clambered in, told my cabbie my address in a reasonably clear voice and whay hey, off I went again.
Then I sat down to watch CSI with a glass of wine and some cheese and rather zesty tomatoes...and that's all she wrote.
I know have the foulest headache and quite dickiest stomach known to mankind. I would hazard a guess that poor old Paramour isn't any better seeing as he came home at half one, totally in the bag too. He's lying in bed right now groaning with the Marklar in the crook of his arm.

Why am I telling you all this? Because I have been shockingly lazy all week. There have been parties and drinks and going out things to do. I did a lot of walking, but that won't cut the mustard with you seeing as you've probably been doing a lot of walking too. I walked to town twice, that's about 9k each times, but again, walking.
So, because I was mortified by my idle week, I decided to let you know how much I was suffering today.
The new year chumlies- I told Finn about it during the week, so now I might as well share it with you- I am going on a two month detox, and so help me marmalade, I am almost looking forward to it. I won't have a cocktail until Medbh gets here. Pinkie swear. Until then of course I imagine will be my usual poorly behaved self. How many days are left in 2008, eeek, that many eh?
So, this week.

Wednesday- ran 15k

erm, that's it.

But well done Eva for running when she could have lounged. Brava!

Right bacon and eggs, that will cure me, won't it?

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes. The best laid plans of mice and mammy cats.

12:39 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'm easily led astray...

12:49 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Medbh is going over? You two will be meeting? In real life? Wahhhhhh....Color me jealous!

I, too, have been incredibly lazy this week. Nowt but shoveling snow and working myself into a righteous lather about people who forget how to drive when there's an inch or two of snow on the ground. Honestly.

And we went out to this bar last night and met up with some neighbors and their salty friends - many, many beers were had, and not enough food to soak it up. Result: Headache, dehydration, and woe. No shakes or nausea, though. So that's a victory.

But back to the exercise: today there will be some elliptical and then a lot of house cleaning. The plan is that because I'm on vacation I'll have time for a daily workout - so I have no excuses.

1:46 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Oh, FMC red wine mixed with any spirits is a recipe for disaster. Ouch.
I'm waiting to hear from the couple in Holywood. As soon as I book it I'll let you know when you can plan on ending your sobriety. It will be an honor to watch you jump off the wagon.
Hee hee.

2:19 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Oh, I went to the gym Mon-Wed-Fri with Mr. M, did the 16 Cybex machines with two sets of 17 reps on upper body stuff, 2 sets of 21 on the legs, 150 crunches.
20 minutes on the bike after and a half an hour walk each way.

2:21 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Well done ladies, you're rocking the work outs. Andraste, shoveling snow is a bloody work out in itself.
And yep, Medbh is coming over here in March so I feel it is indeed my bloggery duty to have a cocktail or two with her. After all I dragged poor old Finn up a mountain when she came over. The only day I am not available is March 1st, because I'm going to be in Galway, after that I should be free and easy.

2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Check. I'll write that down. And yes, it is your bloggery duty to lift elbows with me. It's more fun than going up a mountain, too.
Can't wait!

4:04 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Excellent. I know just the place where we can partake of some fine hooch.
Good lord, I am about to embark on some wrapping and I am a truly terrible wrapper. Then shower and out again. Ghastly. Good, but ghastly. I'm just facing up to the fact that I"m too old for two nights on the trot and then I've a lunch thingie tomorrow, but that's not until three so I hoping I have recovered by then...

5:27 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh your poor head/stomach. Grease will be good, methinks. This week I did 34 and another 34 lengths at the pool. Yesterday I did 28 as was running late to hair appointment, now with the remains of an expensive do, there's no way chlorine shall see my hair till after Santa has seen it.

Question: why are there so many people at the pool 9 a.m on Saturday morning? It just seemed so wrong, I wanted to tell them they should all still be in bed.

8:34 p.m.  
Blogger daisy mae said...

oi, we don't even celebrate the holidays and still our schedules have been crammed full.

nonetheless i've managed two meager workouts...

wednesday - ran about 15 minutes, walked half an hour. it was cold, the air was dry, and the dog was the most ill-mannered on a leash.

thursday - ran for 25 minutes, non-stop. promised myself i would also run friday and saturday, but a snowstorm moved in as did several more holiday parties....

i'm hoping this coming week i can make it out for 3 runs and 2 trips to the gym to start.

8:36 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Well.

Well, you see, I was going to do something but... Ackshly, I am physically exhausted this week, and I haven't done a blessed thing in terms of exercise. I seem to have hardly sat down apart from at a Tuesday party but that night didn't really do my bodily health a lot of good and next day I was up at 6am to help a friend move apartment for the second time this month. By 6pm on Wednesday I was the picture of terminal disease rather than health and I still had a pile of baking to do for the kids' various parties.

I wouldn't have it any other way, mind. I get a lot of satisfaction in making Christmas for family with cooking and decorating and parties, and it's been fun this year to do little Xmas extras for people down at the bar too - Baileys truffles and rum balls (the rum balls would have made even your eyes water, cat. Plus I used the cheap stuff, the one I tried gave me goosebumps - no kidding.) The older I get, the more I love all the work involved and establishing family traditions an' all that stuff. Not cool, I realize, but still, it seems important to me. It is a really busy time of the year but is probably its own workout what with all the humphing great bags of consumer idiocy around and decorating acrobatics on ladders etc. That's how I'm preferring to look at it anyschways.

I'm knackered but tonight I party! Then Christmas will come and go. I do the family thing for the Christmas period (except tonight, oh, and the other night too, still 90% family things), but then...then it's adult time at Hogmanay, when there's nothing left to do; no more responsibilities to fulfil, only thirst and appetite. Much as I love Christmas, the freedom of New Year is intoxicating all by itself. It's mammy time! We have a babysitter and the firm intent to party til we pa-yook.

I'm getting a gym membership for the children and me for Christmas from himself, and so, until the New Year then, I have declared a holiday from all planned physical exertions. 'Cepting the dancing and the boozing and whatnot.

11:26 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Quite right darling, the new year is preeeecicely when I'll start fretting about crap and reestablishing my fitness routine. Hooyeah. Those rum balls sound most yummy.

11:23 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's definitely the time of year when you dream about sober days ahead.
I'm so hungover right now that I might die.

2:43 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Your boy is Hot Slut of the Day, FMC, in case you didn't see.
Ick.

3:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home