Saturday, May 24, 2008

motivation for Fatcats and possibly for chumlies of Fatcats!

Arp. My inbox informs me that the mini marathon is NEXT weekend. I will see that arp and raise it to an eep! Hmmm, This means I've got to take my finger out, put down the delicious hooch glass I've been carrying about and do some serious training if I want to aim for the 55 minute mark, ahahaha yeah, 55, that's the goal ahaha. Oh dear.
Other than that it has been an okish week.

Monday- nowt, I was poorly and busy.
Tuesday- still coughing and acking but I went to the gym anyway.
Push press 22k x 10x 3.
Pull ups on the Grav 40, broken into sets of 10. counter weight of 20k which I'm definitely well able for and will lower to 15 next week.
Squats with a 4k bar. 40, broken into sets of 10. Oh how I hate them. Oh how shitty my form. Oh how achy-breaky they are. Oh how bloody good they are for core strength and legs and just about everything else. We hates them, oh yes, but they's worth it.

Wednesday- still partially bunged up I set off on a two hour trundle. It was slow and comfortable. Hilly and sunny. No exact idea of distance but probably around 14/16 k, or thereabouts. I didn't push it at all, just content to be breathing properly.

Thursday, took a class of kickboxing. Haven't been near a bag or gloves in months. Felt terrific after and during. And my instructor was not a seething pupil hating lunatic with a god complex. When my instructor said, 'good job!' I was momentarily confused and anxious. Then I did something I rarely did in Memnoch's class. I think I might have smiled.

Friday. nowt actually. I had to work and mow the lawns AND hoover. I may have mentioned my feelings about Hoovering before. Then I had to go to Smurfs. It was IMPERATIVE I went to Smurfs,

Satdee! In an hour I"m off to the gym to run on the treadmill, I'll be running in 800 meter bursts. If I have ANY chance of running the Flora in 55 minutes I'd better put some work in. I'm feeling a bit sore from Thursday actually, so a run will be good no matter what.

Then tonight is Eurovision! Huzzah for cheesy music.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's for the Flora you'd butter spread yourself thin over the course to get in within the marge-ins of the hour.

2:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry. I can't sleep with a jam this week so the punning marmite be a bit crap.

2:03 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Same again as last week, glad to say. UP early Tues., Wed., Thurs., for good cardio, stretches, weights, lunges, squats, ab stuff, as time and mood allow. Friday rest - unless you count the 12 ounce curls from picking up the beer and putting it down again.

Today, a good hour on the elliptical should set me up for a drive to Maine and a Barbecue tonight. Tomorrow maybe my sister will drag me out to play tennis early before we head back. Bringing a sports bra and sneakers just in case. IF not, I probably won't get to work out. BUT Monday is a holiday so instead of resting, since I'll have the time, I'll probably sneak in a bit of cardio and some weights.

Started weighing myself. Lost a couple of pounds in the last month or so, which is slow going, so maybe I'll add a few minutes to the cardio and switch out some starches for more greens in my diet. My goal is 10 pounds by the end of June. Totally doable.

2:54 p.m.  
Blogger daisy mae said...

oh what a stressful week! what with moving and a billion doctor's appointments, i did nowt. now, the moving was plenty of lifting, lots of up and down stairs, and a thorough cleaning of the houses..... BUT, it was all counteracted by the fact that we had no kitchen to cook in, and spent most of our time eating in restaurants, or take out, and even *shudder* fast food. i could feel the grossness, but didn't realize how bad it was until i stepped on the scale, and gained a lovely 5 pounds. urgh.

anyway, the goal is to go back to being a bike commuter, starting today. so 11 miles round trip to school, more so once i include the gym and grocery shopping. and we're back on a "healthy meal plan" so i should be back on track here shortly.

and today? i've got to chop wood. our apartment is in the basement, and stays chilly enough to have a fire going all day.

3:13 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

I may have mentioned that I don't break a sweat at the gym.
But flying down the sidewalk with two crazed pups? I have to change my shirt afterwards.

Good luck training for the mini, FMC.

4:05 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Daisy Mae moving truly sucks, I hate it with a passion so you have my deepest sympathy. But at least the worst of it is behind you now.

Andraste, that sounds lovely, food, tennis, good company, lovely. And 10 pounds by the end of June is totally within grasp. I'm going on another drink free month starting Monday, I felt brilliant after the last one and wouldn't mind giving the old liver a break.

Medbh, like I said to you during the week, with those puppies you must be as fit as a fiddle!

Sam, I was larding it up down the gym earlier when it occurred to me that running indoors on a glorious day was a complete waste of thyme. So I called to Country Gay and we went for a wok instead.

5:40 p.m.  
Blogger James McInerney said...

I went to the gym on Monday and I played football on Tuesday and Thursday and really really did a lot of running. However after Thursday, I got a sore back, so was incapacitated since then. Went to AmphibianKing in Bray yesterday and bought a pair of trainers. So I am going to try them out for a long run tomorrow (by 'long' i mean about 3k).

I feel like I did a lot of exercise this week and was looking forward to filling in my comment on this blog. if i hadn't hurt my back, i would have written more. bit it did, so i didn't.

1:36 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Well done Docky, did you get your feet checked?

2:25 p.m.  
Blogger aquaasho said...

Make sure you're rest FMC for the mini-marathon. Take it easy about the middle of this week onwards (cramming doesn't work with running!) ;-)

I'm ploughing on with my swimming/ running/ cycling and achieved my provisional goal of 400 metre swim in a month (from nowt!) so I'm happy. Lovely mountain run today in the sunshine!

6:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, I went kick boxing again this morning, it was good today, skipping is so good for getting yourself worked up, plus nobody punched me in the face. I went swimming in the 40 ft twice, only ran one day though, I will do more soon as I get my exams done. Also, I played tag rugby, I was so scared my shorts would be pulled down but I was ok, I loved it. Balance seems to be essential I fell twice and have massive grazes on my legs. Good job I’m back on the shelf, the lads would not be impressed with that.

Also, the cat is coming along great, the house has been very quiet, no parties, nothing, the things we do hey. He was out in the garden most of the afternoon and hobbled back in when he had had enough. I was quite pleased with myself. My own cat is on hunger strike in protest of our new resident, however his lame protest does not extend to yogurts, Snax or kiddie cods from the Borza. I mailed the DSPCA and the pound a photo of him. I also put a photo of him in the Spar shop I found him beside. My little mofo commuter bro stayed here last night sharing his bed with our new arrival, a bound has formed. He made me promise that no matter how sad the little girl that might happen upon my door looks I am not to give him back. I pinkie swore :0

Nonny

6:12 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Thanks for the advice Aisling and well done on the swimming, you appear to ahve cracked it! YOu also appear to be cracked as you keep using words like 'nice' and 'mountain run' in one sentence.

Good week Nonny, and how cute that your brother and the cat have bonded, I'm sure your other cat will come around, or at the very least they will find some way of tolerating each other, like Puddy and the Bigger of the Cats.

6:20 p.m.  
Blogger James McInerney said...

Indeed I did. I were on video an all, so i was. Don't know how much of a difference it will make, but i do have a pretty spiffy pair of running shoes now, so i do.

8:17 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

If it is anything like me Docky Darling the difference will be much less pain in the joints. Fingers crossed.

11:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home