Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Black Heart Just melted.

Begrouched and under pressure as I am this morning, a brief scout through the papers has produced a story that makes me sad, disgusted and strangely touched.
It's only a short few lines but sometimes that's all it takes.

"A man has been arrested after a nine-year-old girl wrote to Santa asking that a relative stop touching her and her sister.

A man from the town of Pharr, Texas, was arrested and is being held in custody, The Monitor of McAllen reported today.

A criminal complaint says the girl sent the letter at Cesar Chavez primary school. Authorities interviewed the girl after a school counsellor reported the letter.

The complaint says investigators believe the molestation occurred over a period of four years.

The man is charged with continuous sexual abuse of a young child and could face as many as 99 years in prison if convicted."


People who sexually abuse children, and I mean this with all my heart, ought to be strung up and beaten to death.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger morgor said...

stop reading the papers.

It's bad for you.

(i wish I'd follow my own advice)

10:11 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

You're probably right. I can't help thinking of the poor little mite, writing that letter hoping Santa might help her. It just really got to me.

10:17 a.m.  
Blogger Max Drive said...

I don't know, a 99 year sentence learning about being victimized from a hulking Lifer "Bubba" as a cellmate just might be appropriate for molesters. They don't do real well in prison you know. Even convicts have kids...

11:54 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

That is true MD, can't honestly say I have an ounce of pity if that is the case.

1:35 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Child rapists never get sentences like that. He'll serve 8-10 if she's lucky.

3:02 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Then I hope they're a pain filled 8 to 10.

4:15 p.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

jesus......or rather santa.....well done the school for spotting it......

10:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home