Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday is super nice, super seriously.



( moi --->)


Avast! Top of the morning to you. More importantly, top of a hangover free morning to you all. Oh smugness, how many ways do I totally heart thee.
After last weekend's shocking carry on I have been most careful with all things hooch. I have been avoiding it like the delicious plague it is, but yesterday -being gingerday- some wine was drunk, but only some. Also some cheesecake was eaten, but enough about that.
I had a piss poor week in terms of working out. Utterly terrible and with no one to blame other than myself. And I hate to blame myself, I'm much happier blaming other folk.

Monday -I did not get out of jammies, such was my hungover woe. I couldn't work or type or eat or do anything except lie in my chair and wait for death to come claim his bounty.
Tuesday- I was almost recovered but still in no shape to do anything.
Wednesday I did an hour of body weight work here, air squats, push ups, lunges, weighted lunges, that sort of thing. I probably should have gone to the gym, but seriously, it was wet and I was too lazy.
Thursday I walked into town to meet EolaĆ­ and collect my pictures, very beautiful they are too, I will frame them today. Then I walked around town for a bit and walked home, so all in all about eight/nine miles. of trundling along, listening to music.
Friday- Feeling dandy and also super guilty. I dragged my arse off to kickboxing. I ran 5k as a warm up and then had class. Which by the way was excellent, lots of new combos and power work which I prefer a million times over to speed work which kills me dead. I kicked Non Memnoch's pads off his hands plenty of times using crescent kicks and this makes me very very happy, him too, because a flying pad is not the same as being kicked. Also my crescent kicks used to have the strength of no kittens, and now they are at least ten kittens deep, so huzzah! I noted for this week when we worked on round house/front/side kicks we did so on the heavy bag and not on anything Non Memnoch was holding. Heh.

Still no wheat-apart from a tiny bit of cheesecake base- my trusty bathroom scales tells me another pound has gone by the wayside. This is an unexpected surprise, I thought I had bottomed out. I will keep this no wheat business up for another two weeks and then see. It is really rather easy now to not eat it, I don't miss bread or pasta any longer.
And so here we are, Saturday, sunny, cold and bright. Not hungover. Having lunch with friends later. What is even better is that the paramour IS hungover, hungover like a goat. You see, he went out last night while I stayed in beside a roaring coal fire and watched hours of crime nonsense and had cheesecake. I will be kind to him, kind and mildly patronizing.
Sigh, I wish every morning could be thus. Let us celebrate my disgusting smugness with some excellent eighties music.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

'Aint it great to feel virtuous. I can JUST faintly remember.

11:11 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Is IS, it truly is. I might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Which, knowing me, won't be that long.

11:35 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nobody misses bread, unless it be toast. Or good focaccia. Or most delicious naan. Or... wait a minute I'll have to revise that.

Did you not also do lots of weights/shopping this week?

2:36 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

I never liked The Cult.
And it totally looks like there's some padding in the crotch.

3:32 p.m.  
Blogger verona said...

Get down with your bad self. You post the coolest videos -

7:37 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I don't even miss toast these days. It's uncanny. I'm not sure lifting shopping counts as 'weights' but I like your thinking.
Medbh, he's pre-Axl, all that swagger and hair. Who could really resist?
Verona. Thank you mosty kindly, I'm thinking of a run of eighties music coming up to xmas.

10:27 p.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

fuck that tune was ace.......I'm gona play it twice......and remember the old days......yaaaaar

11:10 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

The GOOD old days.

9:09 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell
and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had
to tell someone!

my web page: http://gohima.com

10:30 p.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

Extraordinary article with astounding idea!Thank you for such a significant article. I truly acknowledge for this awesome data. Wondering where to go in 2019? Things to do has ranked as the best include a remote, idyllic island, the design capital ...

11:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home