Wednesday, March 21, 2007

In the name of God.



I'm a fairly decent human being. Not for any particular reason, it's just the way I was raised. I try not to fuck people over, I don't steal, I'm haven't murdered anyone yet, I try to treat others in much the same way as I like to be treated, I'm kind to animals, children, old folk and so on.
I'm not patting myself on the back over it either, most of us are decent folk.
Naturally this means we have a moral centre. Now some people say this moral centre-if you will- comes from God. Others-Dawkins say- suggest it might come from a herd mentality developed over many centuaries.
Well I'm not so sure about that, I have a feeling my morality comes from my experiences and life thus far. Who is to say if I had been brought up in extreme poverty I wouldn't steal, or if I had been beaten and abused as a child I might now be a beater and abuser? Either way I'm glad I don't have to spend much of my time pondering these things as it seems my natural way is to not be an evil fucking bitch, and if God is behind that then so be it.
What I would wonder is why so many people use God's name to be evil monsters? Monsters who feel that by invoking his name they can get away with being the most miserable disgusting, cruel, vicious behaviour.
Beat your wife into submission. =I did it because the bible says wives should submit and she was too uppity.
Disfigure the private parts of young men and woman when they are too young and frightened to defend themselves. Why God wants it thusly. (you would have to ask the question, if he made us in his image why he'd want his children being butchered)
Celibate- God ordained it.
Treat women as second class. God. (natch I can't find any mention for this anywhere in the bible, but there you go)
Treat gays as scum-old God, although everyone lets the shellfish eaters away with murder, same too the polyester/cotton blend mix wearers.
Anyhoo, there are a whole lot of rules and variations on what God might or might not want and a lot of these depend on what particular religion you follow.
Is divorce really that bad? Well to a Catholic, sure.
What about eating pork? Not if you are Muslim.
Leaving on a boy's foreskin? Not if you are jewish.
Getting a blood transfussion? A Jehovah's Witness would rather die.

What am I on about this fine morning?
I'm on about the story that follows. I'm on about something all faith's should agree on, regardless of denomination or creed.
We should protect the vulnerable, we should give the succor. 'Suffer little children come to me,' Jesus is reported to have said.
Quite.
If we witness suffering it is our moral obligation to speak out, to defend the weak. And that should be something we do regardless if we believe in God, The flying spagetti Monster, Allah, or Manolos.
It is the right thing to do.
That way people like the following scumbag can't get an opportunity to wreak hell on earth on God's name.
From today's Sun.


"AN evil foster mother was yesterday convicted of horrifically abusing three children — to raise them “in accordance with her faith”.
Fanatical Jehovah’s Witness Eunice Spry, 62, believed the two girls and a boy were possessed by the Devil and wanted to “purify” them.

She beat them with sticks and metal bars, forced them to drink bleach and eat their own vomit and faeces, and starved them naked in a locked room for a month.

She also kicked them, pushed sticks down their throats, strangled them, forced their hands on a hot cooker and rubbed their faces with sandpaper, a court was told.

The kids were banned from listening to pop or wearing trendy clothes — and were punished if found with sweets or music mags.

One punishment saw the trio, identified only as Victims A, B and C, forced to stay totally still for long periods. If they moved they would be beaten as a further deterrent.

The abuse went undetected for almost 20 years as Spry pulled the youngsters out of school and taught them at her two rat-infested homes in Tewkesbury, Gloucs.

Council inspectors also failed to spot the horror despite regularly visiting to check on the kids’ education.

But it finally came to light in December 2004, when Victim A — one of the two girls — ran away from home.

Victim B and Victim C, the boy, made statements to police and Spry, estranged from her second husband, was arrested in February 2005.

Doctors called the kids’ injuries “extraordinary”. They also had depression. Both girls had attempted suicide.

Spry, described as chilling and cold, denied abusing the three and said she was only trying to bring them up according to her faith.

She told a jury at Bristol Crown Court: “I sweated blood for those children. I went to great lengths to protect them from immorality.

“From a Christian point of view we expect our children to be obedient. As it says in the Bible, ‘Children, be obedient to your parents and make the Lord proud’.”

But after a five-week trial, jurors convicted her of 24 counts of abuse between 1986 and 2005 — plus two of intimidating witnesses.

Judge Simon Darwall-Smith remanded Spry in custody pending reports before she is sentenced next month.

Her three victims — now young adults — went to live with Spry as youngsters with social services approval.

But Victim A said they were treated as “slaves”, rarely allowed out and told to lie about their bruises . She said: “We were beaten, starved, drowned in the bath and kicked down the stairs.

“Mum had an array of sticks, and would beat us with them and kick us till we were collapsing with pain.

“If we screamed she’d push the sticks down our throats.”

Victim A said the family’s homes were infested with rats and the children would often sleep on the floor.

At one point she said Spry made her wear a sign on her back at her local Jehovah’s Witnesses church, reading: “This child is evil. Do not look at her or talk to her.”

The girl said her earliest memory was of Spry making her eat dog food and, when she was sick, eat the vomit.

Victim B said Spry had a system of punishments for lying — heavily prohibited by Jehovah’s Witnesses.

She said: “She’d pour washing-up liquid down our throats and say, ‘Don’t throw up or you’ll have more’. We were told not to speak to anyone. She believed other people were worldly as they didn’t believe in her religion.” Victim C said: “I can only describe mother’s punishment methods as torture.”
*************************************************************************************

Those poor little children. If there is a God, I hope he reserves a seat on the shuttle bus straight to hell for that miserable bitch.

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Twenty Major said...

God is a cunt.

11:26 a.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

God, that's appalling.

I don't think God is a cunt though. I think religion is. What we think God is like depends directly on which faith we were brought up in.

Cases such as this are why I can't believe in a personal God who is monitoring and listening and ignoring our prayers. I believe that God set the wheels in motion and gave us a moral sense but we are largely on our own. Any attempt to wear a pointy hat and decide that God doesn't like gays etc. comes directly from the human mind. Cuntish human minds.

I think this woman is a monster not because God is a cunt, but because she is. Throwing her hands up and hiding behind religion's skirts now, pleading "it's my faith" is an excuse that I'm sick of in the Middle East and wider world, in social politics, and in individual cases.

People are the cunts. We make this religion stuff up. It used to be an organizing principle but, in this day and age, with stable governments - in the west, at any rate - why are we bothering about this stuff any more. We don't religion, but it needs us.

People let these kids down, not God. People and their ridiculous religion, and the cowards who stood by, "respecting" the ridiculous religion despite the horrors these things wreak, like all the ones you wrote about in your post.

If there is a personal God, then Twenty is right and he's a cunt. I feel that there is a "God" in a woolly, nebulous way, but if there is, He is not a personal God.

It;s 5am and I'm still a bit drunk but up with my wee girl, so if this is garbled I'm sorry.

This woman should be locked up for the rest of her miserable life.

12:00 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I know what you mean Sam, I'm not blaming God either, just those who use him as an excuse to get away with the most horrible carry-on.
And if this woman brought one of the children to church with a sign stuck on her then the church is to be condemned too, the spineless fuckers.
I hope your little one is not too poorly.

12:07 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Not poorly, cat, just bad dreams, is all.

12:37 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Is that the bitch up in that photo at the top? I hope she rots.

Religion - mankind's worst invention. Closely followed by NASCAR, of course.

1:28 p.m.  
Blogger Kav said...

What's her punishment? She should be killed.

2:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always tell people I don't believe in capital punishment - but for people like this, I think I would vote for the death penalty. I don't believe that members of her church were unaware of what was happening, and they be jailed as accessories. These children are permanently damaged. I don't blame religion, sadists use anything as an excuse for their evil deeds. An extremely sad an horrifying story.

3:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about mistakes, I was so cross I was tripping over myself. I meant "should be jailed as accessories" but I'm sure you know what I mean. that woman is what my mother would call a "bitches ghost" and she must be a bit mentally unhinged to do such evil things.

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I knew what you meant.
I think this woman is inherently evil and I think it is a convenient excuse for her to use religion as her shield while she abuses those who cannot defend themselves.
But I also think God is a convenient umbrella for a lot of hate, a sort of weapon where by evil and cruel people can justify their actions. And I'm kind of tired of it.
And I agree Shebah, I don't believe this woman's church was blind to the children's suffering.

4:07 p.m.  
Blogger monty said...

I love these hypocritical so-called christians who seem to have selectively read the bible.

Another one for the bonfire...


Systematic torture over years to 3 children, that would be worse than 20 muggings or 20 GBH's wouldn't it? It'll be interesting to see what her sentence is next month.

4:16 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Don't worry, I'll keep my eye on it and post as soon as her sentence is in. Miserable bitch, what do you bet she gets a light sentence due to diminished capacity or some crap?

4:23 p.m.  
Blogger Sweary said...

You know what I'd do to that absolute cunt? The same things she used to do to those kids. Over a period of twenty years. Threefold. And then I'd set fire to her and her fucking church.

I'd love to even get five minutes with her, actually. Let's see how she'd manage against someone not cowed, not vulnerable and not one bit afraid of her evil-minded claptrap.

8:21 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

That's the thing Miss Sweary, in a room with you she wouldn't open her yap. Why? Because she'd sense immediately you weren't afraid or vulnerable.
I saw it all in boarding school, the pack mentality writ large, even among the nuns. Bullys always single out the weak, the ones who won't/can't stand up to them or question them. It's like they almost have preternatural ability to sniff out a chink. It must be the bully gene.

8:48 p.m.  
Blogger matt said...

Wow all that venom about the people in her church! I can understand why considering most of the articles did not bring up the fact that one of the church members secretly got the first girl to tell him/her about it. So please don't think JW's ignore or condone that type of thing. People misunderstand us enough already.

9:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Religion: I'm against it! If people want to believe in the whole Catholic bit, in druids, in fairies at the bottom of the garden, in not walking under ladders, off they go - as long as it is a private matter, i.e. don't go judging/preaching to anyone who doesn't agree with them, and don't go inflicting things on others because of your belief system. And don't go considering yourself somehow "superior". And with that in mind, this sub-human fails on so many levels: if she believes beating/eating vomit/being starved is so "purifying", then why doesn't she do it to herself? But no, somehow because she "believes" what she does, she feels better/morally superior to others, and that (in her evil grey head) gives her licence to apply the full horrors of her twisted belief system to children. (Of course not to fully grown strapping young lads who could bloody retaliate.)

And while this is a horribly extreme case, I have problems with lots of religious "education". The whole thing of sin and badness and needing saving and the afterlife being where it's at, it's just so bloody negative, and a horrible thing to instil into a little one. I think it's all much better these days, but still. Not that I'd like to see a generation of completely cocky and brash little kiddies either; but the whole thing about being born with sin, it makes me sick to my stomach. Proper separation of church and State first, then root the religion out of schools. Although maybe that means kids get tunnel vision about their own (or should I say their parents') faith. Oh, I don't know!

If I believed in hell, she should get a quick passage to it now. (Disadvantage of being an atheist!)

9:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another Paisley voter.

10:02 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I wrote this post not as an attack against God or even, for that matter, religion, but against the horrible things done in the name of both. Matt, I hope you realise that.
However it seems to me-in this late hour- a whole lot of human compassion, care/kindness and understanding is held to ransom by ethos.

11:24 p.m.  
Blogger Sweary said...

I have a couple of JW friends, Matt. I'm not for one moment suggesting that JWs condone the evil this absolute cunt stood for.

Her own church, though... I didn't know that one of the members secretly got one of the children to confess to what was happening to her. Fair play. It only took them 20 years, did it?

11:10 a.m.  
Blogger Jobi said...

Nice post. Thank you to provide us this useful information.
michael jackson letterman jacket

6:15 a.m.  
Blogger eddielydon said...

This was an extremely wonderful post. Thanks for providing this info. Captain America Varsity Jacket

1:33 p.m.  
Blogger George Mark said...

I trust you post again soon... Eurovision Leather Jacket

5:03 a.m.  
Blogger Jobi Johnson said...

Thanks for sharing such a informative blog with us thank you. Yellowstone Season 03 John Dutton Vest

12:51 p.m.  
Blogger Kavin Sutton said...

Thank you for the details! It was a pleasure to read your post. I appreciate the additional information, and as always, have learned from your posting. Michael Jackson Jacket

3:18 p.m.  
Blogger Ben Watkins said...

Thank you for your article. I recently was looking for a solution and your article provided excellent results. Michael Jackson Jacket

12:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home