Tuesday, March 20, 2007

One of those cold days.

It's cold.
Ryanair and Airlingus have sneakily upped their charges on the QT. The cold hearted bastards.
Some woman is giving out about clampers on the radio. She is boring me cold.
Brenda Power is on next. She leaves me cold.
Puddy is asleep on one of my best jumpers. I haven't the heart to move her, the pink bellied slut.
Angelina Jolie has adopted another child.
Robbie Williams is a bit of a twat.
My email is chocka block full of spam. Do I want 'red hot insider info on stocks'? Or 'little blue pills for her pleasure'?
Eddie Hobbs gives me toothache, why must he have an opinion on everything, the witless little hobo.
I have a mysterious pain in my back. I wonder is it due to cold?
I have work to do that I can't be bothered even starting. My fingers are too cold to type.
Phil Spector looks like Clay Aitkin.
The bigger of the cats has a cold. Every time he sneezes he looks startled.
I have to go out in the cold soon-to run around Marley park-in the cold. Did I mention it was cold?
My friend just emailed me from Barcelona, it was 27 degrees there yesterday. I used to live there, it was not cold.
There is no bread for toast.
Urgh, just kill me now, at least then I then I'll be roasting.

UPDATE: It is now snowing in my back garden and the sun is splitting the rocks out the front.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Kav said...

Chill out, you'll be grand.

How much have the prices gone up on the flights? The bastards.

11:20 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Oh I be chillin'.
From what I can gather 12 and 15 Euro per kilo. Naturally this was for Paddy's weekend. Some poor dude was charged 60 Euro for his guitar.

11:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edinburgh is cold too.
You have to learn strategic walking in the city - knowing exactly how far and how long it takes to get to the next pub - all to minimize exposure.

Running in the park? You are Brave. Brrrrr... I need a cup of tea.

11:42 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Yes I've been 'talking' about going to the park all morning, and as you can see I've not left my chair and I am now on my third steaming cup of coffee. Brrr. And to think that last week I was pondering the late stretch in the evening and saying stupid things like 'You know, there's real heat in that sun when it's out.'
Stupid weather. Stupid not summer yet.

11:47 a.m.  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

I have a mysterious pain in my back

You'll be wearing dungarees and waddling before you know it. And then of course your metabolism will kick into overdrive and you'll not be cold again until after the birth...

12:13 p.m.  
Blogger Pat said...

Hot fragrant bath? Does it for me.

12:16 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Despite the fact that I am sure my pain come from some drink related fun over the weekend, I just want to say that f I were pregnant tomorrow morning hell would freeze over before I put dungarees on my body Kim. I mean...dugarees.* Shakes head in bemusement.
Pat, I feel you are right, but that would involve me peeling off the eight layers of fleece I am now comfortably swaddled in. It is too early fro a hot toddy?

12:38 p.m.  
Blogger FINN said...

it is never too early for a hot toddy, or for Glow Juice.

do you remember the Special Olympics joke? here's another:
Why did princess diana cross the road?






Because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

there, now we're both going to hell. it's warm there.

2:26 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Oh sweet jesus. I'm sending that RIGHT THIS MINUTE to certain parties. Huzzah! A bright spot in an otherwise freezing day. I must see if I can find that photo of the poor frozen Glendalough folk.

2:30 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Do you know that Philip Chalinor's avatar? I always thought that looked a bit like Phil Specter.

You need to stoke your internal fires. No not them - it's too cold for all that. But you need to fire yourself up with a big plate of porridge, toast and eggs, orange juice and a cuppas as you can sup. You'll be warm in no time.

3:53 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'm eating toasted cheese and ham sambos as we speak Darling girl. done in the Sammich makers, all triangley and piping tongue burningly hot. With a cuppa scalding tea.

4:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home