Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Judgement Day came early.

Jesus, while I pondered my work and digested my lunch-beans on toast- I came across this story. Seems some folk really do hold others to a VELLY high standard and woe betide them if they fall short.

'Police in India have arrested a man who allegedly killed and then beheaded at least seven people who had displeased him, a news report said today.

Chandra Kant Jha was arrested in New Delhi on Sunday, two days after the last of four headless bodies was found dumped outside the high-security Tihar Jail, the Times of India newspaper reported.

The first headless corpse was found outside Tihar Jail in November 2003, the report said.

Police also claimed to have evidence linking Jha to three other killings in which the victims were beheaded, it said.
“It’s just a coincidence that Jha was caught so early after the fourth body was discovered near the Tihar Jail. We were already close on his heels,” the newspaper quoted police Commissioner KK Paul as saying.

Senior police officer Rajesh Kumar said Jha tied the arms and legs of his victims before strangling them, then chopped off their heads and limbs before stuffing the bodies in plastic bags to dispose of them, the newspaper reported.

It said Jha allegedly killed one man because he wouldn’t stop eating meat even after Jha asked him to, another for allegedly having an affair with a friend’s daughter, and two others because they were womanisers who drank too much.

The first victim thrown outside the jail was a friend who had lied to Jha, the newspaper cited police officials as saying.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

OK, we might not have actually done it ourselves, but surely we've all thought about it...

1:44 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Too true, there's a certain lilac couch that's very lucky I don't wear a sword.

1:59 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

...just on the bus this morning, I saw a few people who needed lightening up by...oh, about the weight of a head...

2:23 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

The bus can really be a terrible place. I was on one the other day and the child behind me kept kicking the back of my seat. Two miles of repetative, thump, thump, thump, thump. I suppose I could have asked him to stop but his mother was a weapon and frankly there are some days when it just doesn't seem worth the effort. NOW if I had a sword however...

2:41 p.m.  
Blogger Kav said...

I was coming on here to make a comment along the lines of "what's wrong with that?" but I've been beaten to the punch. Still, I bet he had a great laugh while it lasted.

2:42 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'd say you'd get carried away with it after a while though and start lopping off heads for lesser offences. LIke when staff in shops don't give you your change back into your hand, or you hold a door open for someone and they don't say thanks.
Could get very nasty after a while.

2:45 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'd go man Ted. I"d be all...
'Say, are you chewing gum?'
Swink! LOP!

2:47 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Dick Cheney displeases me. And the teenager across the street who played his drums in his open garage 'til 1am last night. He fucking well displeases me too.

I wouldn't behead them though. I'd put them on a bus in LA where the thump thump thump on the back of the seats is as likely to be gun-shots as anything.

3:25 p.m.  
Blogger Kav said...

FMC thanks very much for your generosity. Linzi's shocked and delighted in equal measure.

3:31 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Tell her she better run fast or I'll behead her. No wait, just tell her good luck, damn this thing is catching.
No no Sam, you could have a scythe, think of the fun we'd have, and costumes, lots of costumes.
'Why harro there, you filthy thong wearing spitter. Can you tell me the way to San Jose? No I"m not trying to distract you at-'
Swink! LOP.
'Huzzah! Now to find the Reiki lot. Then we'll do your crowd- because I"m older, that's why, say is that a satin cape? Where did you get that?'
WOT LARKS!

7:13 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

I've called in a professional scythe sharpener. Big jobs need big tools, after all.* I think I'll wear wellies on account of the blood and gore we'll wreak. Giggle.

*Said the bishop to the actress.

7:29 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

You can get velly cool tartan wellies these days.
We'll have to carry some kind of stone, them blades will get dull. I know, I"ll make up some kind of fancy dan belt, my sword on one side, and some velcro pockets with a sharpening stone for you and a nagin of rum for us! Huzzah I say!

7:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you the inspiration for Uma Thurman's role in Kill Bill 1 & 2?

11:37 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Christ no, she didn't have wellies or a cape.

11:47 p.m.  
Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

"Seems some folk really do hold others to a VELLY high standard and woe betide them if they fall short."

My first thought was "There but for the grace of God go I."

And I mean the getting caught part.

3:28 a.m.  
Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

And you know it's perfectly legal, in India, to discriminate against meat-eaters.

Really.

3:29 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I"m thinking PETA must love that.

9:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home