Thursday, May 03, 2007

A thursday round up of sorts.

Yesterday's run was good, I ache slightly-as I predicted-but nothing so terrible that I want to scream and gobble Ibuprofen.
The abortion case is to be heard today- I will update as soon as I learn anything.
Our glorious leader B-B-B-ertie is slowly and surely being drowned in a big vat of his own mendacity, money went thither and yon, in brown paper bags and briefcases and dinners with 'friends'. Looks like he won't be able to cry/sulk his way out of this one.
Manchester United sent someone to play for them last night, while the real team sat in a bar somewhere getting waiters to make them up prawn sambos. This resulted in Milan whipping the dopplegangers' ass hard and handing it back to them on a plate.
Some beer was drunk in disgust.
Work on the new M3 moterway has been halted mere days after Minister Dick Roche turned the first sod, as a Wooden Henge (as opposed to stone) has been discovered. FG wonder aloud why 'a combination of €30m and 500 archaeologists could have missed the site.

"This situation would be hilarious if it weren't so serious," FG transport spokesperson Olivia Mitchell said.

"The entire M3 project has been brought to a crashing halt by the discovery of a four-acre archaeological site in its path."

The route had been "selected after many years of examination and excavation and after the NRA assured us this was a safe route in terms of archaeological significance"."

Meanwhile we all get to sit in our cars swealtering away in some of the hottest weather ever recorded for Ireland.
And stil the world turns
Yeah.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Rusticissimus maximus said...

They're calling it a henge but it doesn't sound like one to me from what I've heard...so far anyway. I don't know how thay missed it either but hopefully now that they have it they won't make a hash of it all by only performing a half arsed rescue excavation. They never do justice to a site, especially one that could turn out to be very important.

11:06 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

It's four acres of historical interest, of course they'll make a bags of it.

11:14 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of this pales into insignificance with the Footie this week. As a Liverpool fan and a rabid a.b.u. I'm as happy as a dog with 2 mickys wondering which one to lick..........' Oh it's such a perfect day ............ '

12:00 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Sigh, on the one hand I'm super glad to hear you're alive and kicking, on the other I think you need a good glassing.
See that mouthy shit-stirring wannbe man of the people Paul Williams is being offered 24 hour Garda protection? My tax is paying for that! I'm outraged.

12:30 p.m.  
Blogger Kav said...

Election prediction: nobody gives a shite and FF stay right where they are.

1:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the Election, my theory is this.

Bertie pisses so many people off normal Politicians with his constant waffling ,lies and other sundry non-truths that he drives voters in to the clutches of the Baby-killers (Sinn Fein ),giving them enough seats to form a Republican Coalition.Remember Sinn Fein and F.F. would be running mates now were it not for THAT Bank raid.

2:51 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oooooh....I LOVE archaeology!

Wouldn't it be funny if it was just a 50 year old foundation from a burned up privvy or something...

3:17 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Four acres of a privy? Was there a BC version of Twenty back then?
Ronnie, you're right of course, but I'm delighted that Bertie's chickens are coming home to roost.

3:36 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Pah, it's early here, didn't read in detail.

Caffeine, I think!

3:42 p.m.  
Blogger Rusticissimus maximus said...

yeah, four acres is a bit much for government run archaeology to handle. It'll be another carrickmines, but this time the site could ACTUALLY be important/unique.

4:08 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

I've always wanted a henge of my very own. Just a little one. I'm not greedy.

5:58 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Sam, every pet we had as children that died got their own little cairns, My mother used to complain loudly that we stole every stone from her rockery.

6:31 p.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

Believe me the waiters were not making them sarnies they were swearing and shouting and evetually giving up and going to bed at ten. Huh, so there...

1:13 a.m.  
Blogger Mairéad said...

Great description of the Man Utd debacle!! I couldn't believe my eyes - who were those lads? Ah well, at least we (I!!!) still have Roy to admire and adore! Roy for Taoiseach anyone?

11:38 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'd vote for him, I'd be afraid not to.

12:27 a.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

Me too

1:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home