Friday, February 13, 2009

Bleeeeeee!




Lee Redmond's nails hadn't been cut since 1979. But she lost them Tuesday in a SUV crash, she survived with out serious injury

"The Salt Lake City, Utah resident was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records, which claimed her nails measured a total of more than 28 feet long in 2008."

The longest nail - on her right thumb - was a sickening 2 feet, 11 inches.

In an interview in 1995, Redmond, 68, said she once turned down $10,000 to trim her nails on Japanese TV.

Salt Lake County Sheriff's Lt. Don Hutson says Redmond was ejected from an SUV in the crash and taken to the hospital in serious condition.

Redmond has been featured on TV in episodes of 'Guinness Book of World Records' and 'Ripley's Believe It or Not.'"

( daily wail)


Seriously, bleee, how did she cook? How did she eat? How did she wipe her bum? Zip up her pants, take her make up off. How How WHY? WHY?
After the sad and tragic loss of Ted earlier in the week, articles like this certainly put things into perspective. I must go now and do the dance of yackiness.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Cate said...

Well knock me down with a buttery spud! I was born in 1979. 29 years of nail growth....a whole life time... Jeapurs!!

1:52 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I know, it's just not right. Nails should not be older than people.

1:59 p.m.  
Blogger JL Pagano said...

Did anyone get the number of the car that caused the crash? Wouldn't it be cool if the driver was somehow connected to the gal with the second longest nails in the world? Presuming of course she couldn't drive herself...

2:23 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Conspiracy! And on Ginger day. I like your style JL. How do you dance?

2:29 p.m.  
Anonymous eva said...

All of a sudden my nail biting problem seems like a perfect virtue.
Have you managed to stop yet, FMC?

3:38 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

All but my thumbs and ring finger on my left hand.

3:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Penelope_CA said...

Seriously HOW did she wipe her arse?!?! That was my first thought looking at her.

29 years without breaking a nail? How did she do that? I can't let mine get too long otherwise I end up breaking them working in the garden or about the house... not to mention being able to type on the computer or play sport. She must have lived a very circumscribed life.

4:15 p.m.  
Anonymous aphrodite said...

Pukearama
They're nasty and yeller looking too. Imagine the colonies of microbiotic life thriving under them.
Ugh

8:45 p.m.  
Blogger Medbh said...

Just looking at the picture, I thought she was posing with some kind of weird hula hoops!

9:45 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Think how she must move? It's squicks me out, I whose nails are under constant threat of me nibbling at them. How did she even sleep at night?

10:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home