Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tenants, we doon need no steekin' tenants!

'When', the Paramour asked this very morning over the kitchen table, 'do you think you think you might rent this place?'
I lifted my cup and pretended to give it a lot of thought.
'Ummm well now, I...lemme see, I er...'
Because we have been together longer than a wet weekend the paramour sees through my cunning stalling attempt and presses me for an answer, the cad.
'Because I was talking to Bill yesterday and he reckons if everything goes according to plan the turnaround on the house could be the end of October.'
This almost startles the Egyptian Cotten pyjamas off me.
'October? October!' I cry, spluttering coffee thither and yon. 'But that's-' I raise a hand in front of my face and waggle it uselessly.
'Next month.' The paramour says helpfully and begins to butter toast.
I am flumoxed.
Really I shouldn't be. Whenever I have to make great big life changing decisions I always pretend I know nothing about them until they are right on top of me and I have no real choice but to deal with them. It is the Cat family way.
Kenny Rogers comes on the radio..."you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run..."
I glance at the ceiling. Is this some kind of joke? Fuck you Rogers, at least I can blink.
'You need to think about it. Do you want to leave the apartment with an agency or handle it yourself?' He glances up at the ceiling too unaware that the forces of mirth and country music are busy taking the ever loving piss out of me. 'It might be better if you just let an agency handle it.'
'Umm, I'll have to see...'
We resume our breakfast. But my appetite has faltered and by the time the paramour has left for work I am a complete grouch.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Remember to check your cardboard boxes for Puddy when the time comes. She nearly had a 3000 mile journey in a box of cds.

It's sweet, the paramour wanting to get all shacked up with you in your new home!

11:01 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Sweet my ass.
Ouch, I ache today too. Yoga was much harder yesterday than last week. I"m not sure if my spine really appreciates being twisted and turned. Perhaps I"m supposed to be rigidly straight.

11:17 a.m.  
Blogger SheBah said...

FMC - you won't need to do any more yoga or kickboxing when you move. Sanding down paintwork, painting, trimming trees,toting heavy loads and general handywork on your new house will make you fit as a flea. I am eating like a naavy and have never been so fit - manual labour is the best form of gym! The only minus is all my shoes are covered in a film of plaster dust!

12:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very sweet.

1:22 p.m.  
Blogger FINN said...

the only thing better than denial is a pink outhouse, cat. :)

2:06 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

It was Overserved Tuesday when I wrote that last night. I meant to say our cat Trouble nearly had a 3000 mile trip in a box of cds when we moved frpm Minnesota.

Children astir, I'd better go.

3:18 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Most of my shoes are in boxes so they should be okay.
How goes the home renovations Shebah? Nearly finished at this stage no?
I have the most frightful headache and the thought of moving is giving me the heebie jeebies. I can't seem to concentrate on work to day either and I've drunk far too much coffee and am now a bit jittery and it's bloody raining so I can't even go take a run in the park.
I hate packing, I hate unpacking and I hate moving.
I really hate moving. Hate it. A. Lot.

3:47 p.m.  
Blogger grimsaburger said...

See, what you oughta do, you oughta say to the paramour, I can't rent it until next January because grimsaburger has to have some place to rent for two or three months. Or you could just throw in the towel and embrace the pinkness of your new outdoor toilet.

5:43 p.m.  
Blogger FINN said...

you can still run in the rain, FMC. i don't think you'll melt, and it'd probably make you feel better.

do you have to hurry? financially, could you swing the apt _and_ the house for a couple months if you wanted to transition gradually?

7:27 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Evening ladies. Grimsa baby, I wish.
You're right about the running Finn, but I"m like the cats that way I don't like to get wet and it was really lashing.
Apropos the house, I could put off renting it for a while- but the Paramour has put his house on the market and our deal was he'd sell his place and I would rent mine, that way I always had my place and it paid for its self, but I"m dragging my heels because I hate moving. Time to get off the fucking pot I suppose.

8:21 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nike zoom kobe
cheap rolex watches
tiffany online
http://www.raybanglasses.in.net
oakley vault
nike huarache
nike huarache
cheap oakley sunglasses
cheap nfl jerseys
http://www.chromehearts.in.net
michael kors outlet online
ugg outlet
nike huaraches
toms outlet store
jordans for cheap
ray ban uk,cheap ray ban sunglasses
http://www.oakley-sunglass.in.net

6:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home