Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ciao Luciano.




With Joan (love her).




I"m fond of Opera and frequently spend wet afternoons listening to it on a volume that scares the magpies. So I was most saddened to read of this new today, the world has lost a great talent and it is a little duller from his passing. From today's independent.

"The world's most famous tenor, Luciano Pavarotti, has died at the age of 71 after a year-long battle with pancreatic cancer.

The legendary opera star is regarded by many as the finest singer of his generation and is best known for his Three Tenors project with Placido Domingo and Jose Carreras.

His manager confirmed this morning that he had died at his home in the northern Italian city of Modena.

Pavarotti was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year and has not made any public appearances since undergoing surgery in July 2006."

Ciao mio amico e grazie dal mio cuore.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodbye to the most wonderful voice - he could make my hair stand on end and give me goosebumps; for me he was always the best of the three tenors. Pancreatic cancer is a truly horrid way to end life - I lot a colleague in a previous job to that dread disease last October. Like you, I'm a big opera fan, I particularly like the tenors, and I like to play it very loud when I am on my own.

10:13 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

He was a wonderful singer, he truly was, I"m flipping back through some of his concerts to day and I tell you, I've got goose bumps on my goose bumps.

10:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I screamed out a NO this morning when I first saw the headline. Very sad news.

10:49 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

True Eva, he was very ill, but it's still a shock.

12:47 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know it's bad form to speak ill of the dead, but ..............................................................................................!

6:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home